In the previous article, we have talked about the first five French foods as follows:
- Soupe a l’oignon
- Boeuf bourguignon
- Chocolate souffle
To continue, here are the other five top French foods that you will surely love:
- Flamiche is a pie. The term Flamiche means Flemish cake which originated in the northern part of France, the area near Belgium. This pie crust is filled with lots of vegetables and cheese.
- Confit de canard. This is a duck confit that is a very tasty and delicious French meal. It is amazing to note that this food is prepared for a very long time and may reach even up to 36 hours! Salt, garlic and thyme are left on the duck meat or duck legs to absorb their flavourful smell for more than 24 hours. Afterwards, the duck meat is typically fried or grilled then served with roasted potatoes and garlic.
- Salade nicoise is a famous French salad that is made of fresh tomatoes, lettuce, boiled eggs, tuna, Nicoise Cailletier olives as well as anchovies. A French lunch would be made even lovelier with the Salade nicoise to start it off.
- Ratatouille can be served in various ways. It can be a meal, or as a stuffing, or as a side dish. You can stuff it inside crepes and omelettes too. To cook this, use a pan on a high heat but with low fat. To prepare Ratatouille, you would need onions, tomatoes, garlic, eggplant, bell peppers, zucchini, carrots, marjoram, and other herbs.
- Tarte tatin was a product of the mistake of Stephanie Tartin as she was trying to cook a traditional apple pie in 1898. Tartin didn’t intend to leave the apples in butter and sugar for too long in the pan but she did and it caused the fruits to get burned. What she did to rescue the dessert was to put the pastry base on top of the burned fruits and tried putting the pan in the oven. It was a surprise because Tarte tatin has become one of the best French foods in France until now.
It is amazing that the French has created these delicious specialties. The best Tucson restaurant tries to cook some of these foods the same way that the French restaurant does. A five star hotel with all its expertise and resources can surely create these fine French foods using the famous French culinary techniques. It is good to know that the foods that are listed here can actually be cooked at home. What are you waiting for? Get the recipes and try them for yourself!